Mary Madison, RN, RAC-CT, CDP
Clinical Consultant – Briggs Healthcare
CMS posted version 1.7.1 of jRAVEN on October 7, 2019 – 2 weeks after posting version 1.7.0. Version 1.7.1 is the version you should be using if your facility utilizes the CMS free software for encoding and transmitting the MDS 3.0.
The Release Notes are as follows:
** Please Note** It is strongly recommended that you use Chrome to download the jRAVEN application. If using Internet Explorer, you may receive a pop-up message warning that the application you are about to install is “…an unrecognized app” and Windows has prevented the app from starting or that the signature is invalid. If you do receive a warning message like this, you can still complete the installation by either right-clicking on the jRAVENSetup…exe, or selecting “More info”, where you will have the option to “Run anyway”. Once you select to run, the install process will complete as usual.
jRAVEN (version 1.7.1) is now available for download which contains the following updates:
- The Final PDPM Grouper, version 1.0003
- All enhancements included with jRAVEN v1.7.0:
- MDS Item Set Version V1.17
- MDS Data Specification Version V3.00
- VUT Version V3.1.0
- The initial PDPM Grouper (replaced with the new version, v1.0003)
- Supports the Correction Policy update to not allow corrections if it causes the target date to cross over the 10/1/2019 date
- Supports the updated submission timeframe change from 3 years to 2 years
Installation instructions for version 1.7.1 are found beneath the 1st hyperlink in the initial paragraph of this blog.