Mary Madison, RN, RAC-CT, CDP
Clinical Consultant – Briggs Healthcare
CMS has posted nursing home COVID-19 data for the week ending November 7, 2021.
This latest data set shows these changes from the October 31st data set:
- Resident vaccination rate increased 0.2% from the previous week
- Staff vaccination increased 0.7% from the previous week (same as the week before that)
- Resident confirmed cases increased 3,350 from the previous week
- Staff confirmed cases increased 3,276 from the previous week
- An additional 459 resident deaths from the previous week
- An increase of 11 staff deaths from the previous week
CDC’s COVID Data Tracker shows community transmission at these levels:
View a list of every nursing home with recent resident and staff vaccination rates and other data. There’s also a separate tab for nursing homes with a staff vaccination rate of 75% or more. Kudos to the facilities that are identified on that tab. Keep up the good work – everyone!
The NHSN COVID-19 Dashboard (this dashboard has a new look this week) shows this data as of 5:30am ET on November 15, 2021:
Because the flu is starting to ramp up, I’m including and will be including weekly CDC flu data reports. Key updates for week ending November 6, 2021 include: