Mary Madison, RN, RAC-CT, CDP
Clinical Consultant – Briggs Healthcare®
On Friday, May 25, 2018 CMS posted a special MLN Matters “intended for physicians, providers, and suppliers submitting claims to Medicare Administrative Contractors (MACs), including Durable Medical Equipment MACs (DME MACs) and Home Health and Hospice MACs, for services provided to Medicare beneficiaries.:
This 5-page edition provides important information for entities providing services and supplies to Medicare beneficiaries including:
- New Medicare cards with MBI numbers;
- How to sign up for the MAC’s secure MBI look-up tool;
- Importance of checking remittance advice;
- Examples of new Medicare and Railroad Retirement Board cards;
- Important information re: claims, claims status queries, appeals and span-date claims and
- Background for the new MBI numbers.
There are also links to additional resources such as MBI format specifications, a fact sheet regarding transition from HICN to MBI and a website for questions.
Check out this important MLN Matters today!