Mary Madison, RN, RAC-CT, CDP
Clinical Consultant – Briggs Healthcare®
The Office of Inspector General issued its Fall 2018 Semi-Annual Report to Congress on December 3, 2018. The period covered by this 90-page report is April 1, 2018 through September 30, 2018.
Highlights of OIG Accomplishments:
- Identifying Improper Payments and Opportunities for Savings in HHS Programs
- Fighting Fraud in HHS Programs
- Preventing and Treating Opioid Misuse
- Protecting the Health and Safety of Children in HHS Programs
- Ensuring Quality and Integrity in Medicare’s Hospice Program
- Improving Financial Management and Reducing Improper Payments in Medicare
- Protecting the Integrity of the Medicaid Program
- Protecting Health and Safety in Adult Day Care Facilities
- Ensuring Quality and Integrity in Programs Serving American Indian/Alaska Native Populations
Each of the accomplishments is worth reading. OIG has been busy during these past 6 months, as usual.