Mary Madison, RN, RAC-CT, CDP
Clinical Consultant – Briggs Healthcare®
In November 2018, CMS posted information on the Civil Money Penalty Reinvestment Program (CMPRP) – a three-year effort to reduce adverse events, improve staffing quality and improve dementia care in nursing homes. At that time, the 1st of 3 toolkits was posted “to aid nursing home teams in reducing adverse events, improving staffing quality and improving dementia care.” Toolkit #1 addressed Nursing Home Staff Competency Assessment.
Toolkit #2 was posted on February 15, 2019 and speaks to a Nursing Home Employee Satisfaction Survey.
“The employee satisfaction survey can help your nursing home to recruit, motivate and retain staff. After all, nursing home employees are critical to better resident health and quality of life.
This free, anonymous survey offers facility employees an opportunity to share their perceptions about the nursing home workplace. Survey topics include:
- Employee engagement and team building
- Job satisfaction
- Management and leadership
- Scheduling and staffing
Supporting resources are available to support managers in implementing the survey, as well as aggregating and interpreting survey results, including:
- Implementation Guide with talking points, an email memo, and poster
- Data Collection & Analysis Tool to compile and analyze survey results
- Videos: Watch these two videos to get started:
- Introduction to the Nursing Home Employee Satisfaction Survey (link): https://youtu.be/9WE40dUELpw
- Data Collection and Analytics Tool Tutorial (link): https://youtu.be/wXN3bNJzZ6A
Not sure if staff satisfaction is your facility’s biggest issue? Use CMPRP’s free competency assessment, also available in the download section, to find out.”
Here’s the Toolkit information you’ll see in that Downloads section:
If you downloaded Toolkit #1 in November, you’ll note that CMS updated 3 elements of it on January 8, 2019.
I encourage you to take a look at both toolkits. They’re great resources to help you improve care provided in your facility as well as improving the quality of your staff!