Mary Madison, RN, RAC-CT, CDP
Clinical Consultant – Briggs Healthcare
The QIES Technical Support Office has posted the July 2019 Downtime Schedule.
- Possible QIES scheduled downtime begins Tuesday, July 2, at 8:00 PM (ET) and ends at 11:00 PM (ET)
- Possible QIES scheduled downtime begins Tuesday, July 16, at 8:00 PM (ET) and ends at 11:00 PM (ET)
- Systems Maintenance downtime begins at 8:00 PM (ET) on Friday, July 19, and ends at 6:00 PM (ET) on Sunday, July 21
- The QIES scheduled downtime begins Saturday, July 20, at 6:00 AM (ET) and ends at 6:00 PM (ET)
The Five Star Preview Reports will be available on June 24, 2019. To access these reports, select the CASPER Reporting link located on the CMS QIES Systems for Providers page. Once in the CASPER Reporting system, select the ‘Folders’ button and access the Five Star Report in your ‘st LTC facid’ folder, where st is the 2-character postal code of the state in which your facility is located and facid is the state-assigned Facility ID of your facility.
Nursing Home Compare will update with June’s Five Star data on June 26, 2019.
Important Note: The 5 Star Help line (800-839-9290) will be available June 24, through June 28, 2019. Please direct your inquiries to BetterCare@cms.hhs.gov if the Help Line is not available.
The above notification can also be viewed at: https://qtso.cms.gov/news-and-updates/notice-five-star-preview-reports.
In case you missed the Updates to SNF Provider Preview Reports that was effective June 1, 2019 for future preview reports, here’s that information:
Effective 6/1/19, there will be enhancements to the upcoming Provider Preview Reports. The next SNF Provider Preview Report is scheduled for August 1, 2019. The updates will include:
- Pressure Ulcer Measure Transition
-The current pressure ulcer measure, Percent of Residents or Patients with Pressure Ulcers That Are New or Worsened (Short Stay) (NQF #0678), will last appear on the May 2019 SNF Provider Preview Report. Starting August 1, 2019, this measure will be removed.
-The new pressure injury measure, Changes in Skin Integrity Post-Acute Care, will first display on the August 2020 Provider Preview Report.
- Ending suppression of the PPR claims-based measure:
-Potentially Preventable 30-Day Post-Discharge Readmission Measure for Inpatient Rehabilitation Facility Quality Reporting Program
- Displaying measure short names in place of their long names and many aesthetic changes to field labels and headings.
- Update of the Discharge to Community Measure
-The refined measure results for the Discharge to Community Measure will be reflected for the first time in the fall 2019 Quarterly Refresh for the Nursing Home Compare website and the related August 2019 Provider Preview Reports.
If you have questions concerning this information, please contact the QTSO Help Desk at email@example.com or 1 (800) 339-9313.