Mary Madison, RN, RAC-CT, CDP
Clinical Consultant – Briggs Healthcare
The Nursing Home Infection Control Worksheet web-based surveyor training is now available.
“This 2019 Nursing Home Infection Control Worksheet (ICWS) is a collaborative effort by CMS and CDC and meant to be used by facilities as a self-assessment tool. It comprises both regulatory requirements and best practices in infection prevention and control. A facility that uses this ICWS will identify gaps in practice and have a “roadmap” that can lead to an improved infection prevention and control program.
The assessment reviews the following domains:
- Infection Control program infrastructure and Infection Preventionist
- Infection Preventionist relationship to Quality Assurance Committee
- Infection surveillance and outbreak response.
- Influenza and pneumococcal Immunization
- Linen management
- Infection prevention during transitions of care
- Water Management Program”