Mary Madison, RN, RAC-CT, CDP
Clinical Consultant – Briggs Healthcare
This afternoon’s AHCA/NCAL webinar was a timely and popular event. As a result, not everyone that wanted to attend was able to get a “seat”. A huge thank you to AHCA/NCAL for providing the information and expertise for LTC professionals, both members and non-members. We greatly need all information and updates in order to appropriately care for our residents, staff and community members. (As the British would say, we all need to keep calm and carry on!)
You can download that handout here. The webinar was to be recorded and posted at https://educate.ahcancal.org/p/COVID19 however, there were significant audio issues with the live webinar – the webinar site actually crashed because of the number of attendees.
I encourage you to review the handout and share it with your team. Questions asked and answered on the handout include:
- What steps do I need to prevent spread?
- Should we be screening new admissions?
- Who should we test for COVID-19?
- Should we restrict visitors?
- What about staff who have symptoms or have traveled?
- Where can we order supplies?
- Do we need any special cleaning of the resident rooms or environment?
- Should we send all COVID residents to the hospital?
- Where can I find out more information and keep up to date as recommendations keep changing?
There’s another opportunity this week to get an update on COVID-19. This webinar – Coronavirus Disease 2019 Update-What Clinicians Need to Know to Prepare for COVID-19 in the U.S. – is on Thursday, March 5, 2020 from 2pm to 3pm (ET). Get the login information here for Thursday’s webinar.