Mary Madison, RN, RAC-CT, CDP
Clinical Consultant – Briggs Healthcare
CDC has launched a new mini webinar training series for frontline long-term care and nursing home staff. This series of 5 short webinars reviews basic infection prevention steps including: proper use of personal protective equipment (PPE) and facemasks, how and when to perform hand hygiene, how and when to clean surfaces, and the need to check residents and staff daily for symptoms of COVID-19. Learn more about your role in protecting residents and keeping COVID-19 out of your facility.
Those webinars are:
- Sparkling Surfaces: Stop COVID-19’s Spread … 7 minutes, 9 seconds
- Clean Hands: Combat COVID-19! … 7 minutes, 24 seconds
- Closely Monitor Residents for COVID-19 … 7 minutes, 16 seconds
- Keep COVID-19 Out! … 6 minutes, 4 seconds
- Use PPE Correctly for COVID-19 … 12 minutes, 1 second
The webinars provide quick and timely information and reminders to your staff on protecting their residents and themselves from COVID-19. I encourage you to utilize to supplement the training you have provided and continue to provide. You might also consider sharing them with residents and their families (newsletter idea).
The CDC notification of this mini webinar series also included these resources:
- Interim Infection Prevention and Control Recommendations for Patients with Suspected or Confirmed Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) in Healthcare Settings
- Additional Guidance for Nursing Homes and Long-Term Care Settings
- Key Strategies to Prepare for COVID-19 in Long-term Care Facilities (LTCFs)
- Preparedness Checklist for Nursing Homes and Other Long-Term Care Settings [NOTE: this checklist is also available as a complimentary (FREE) resource from Briggs Healthcare.]