Mary Madison, RN, RAC-CT, CDP
Clinical Consultant – Briggs Healthcare
AHCA/NCAL has posted information regarding the availability of Abbott BinaxNOW™ Resources. The date of the post is September 23, 2020.
Skilled nursing facilities and assisted living communities who are receiving the Abbott BinaxNOW™ test kits can refer to the following resources from Abbott:
- To report shipping issues / order quality concerns (these should be sent to Abbott at: ARDxUSGovernmentSupport@abbott.com)
- For technical usage questions about the BinaxNOW™ test, contact Abbott directly at: Technical support: email@example.com or 1-800-257-9525
- For all other questions related to your distribution, please contact HHSBINAX@hhs.gov, this inbox was established to coordinate the distribution of government procured Abbott BinaxNOW™kits. This inbox should NOT be used to request kits for facilities not currently receiving these tests.
- For access to access training videos and documents, please visit the BinaxNOW™ COVID-19 Ag Card and NAVICA™ App Set-Up and Training portal.
- For CLIA FAQs and information, click here.
- For policy regarding performance of antigen tests authorized by the FDA under an Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) at the point of care or in patient care settings operating under a CLIA Certificate of Waiver, please refer to CMS’s policy here and PREP Act guidance here.
- For FDA recommendations to health care providers who are ordering authorized tests outside their authorization (e.g., antigen tests for asymptomatic individuals), please see FDA’s FAQ on Testing for SARS-CoV-2.
Abbott has also indicated that they will be providing a link to the recorded version of their recent webinar for assisted living facilities that was hosted on Friday, September 18, as well as a Q&A list. AHCA/NCAL will share this with members once it becomes available.