Mary Madison, RN, RAC-CT, CDP
Clinical Consultant – Briggs Healthcare
The Toolkit for Nursing Homes Using Point-of-Care SARS-COV-2 Testing was updated November 10, 2020.
Those updates are:
- Added HHS BinaxNOW™ COVID-19 Ag Card link to the Background section from press release.
- Updated the Nursing Home Data section to include specifics for the different antigen tests available under the HHS programs.
- Added CMS Interim Final Rule for updating requirements for reporting of SARS-CoV-2 test results by CLIA laboratories subsection under Federal Testing Guidance section.
- Added Payment Medicare Guidance for Testing section.
- Added the CDC’s Guidance for SARS-CoV-2 Point-of-Care Testing website to the Laboratory Best Practices subsection under Guidance for General Laboratory Safety Practices during COVID-19 Pandemic section.
- Deleted HHS Strike team section and replaced with State and Local Support for Testing section.
- Relocated Instructions for Use (IFU) to a new section.
- Added NHSN training links to the Training section.
- Added new Batch Testing Process section.
- Added new supporting weblinks to Instrument Data Capture section.
- Added new details on how to order more Abbott BinaxNOW™ COVID-19 Ag Card tests under Reordering Tests section.