Mary Madison, RN, RAC-CT, CDP
Clinical Consultant – Briggs Healthcare
The next Home Health, Hospice & DME Open Door Forum is scheduled for:
Tuesday, April 13, 2021 PM at 2:00-3:00 PM Eastern Time (ET).
Please call at least 15 minutes prior to the forum start time.
**This Agenda is Subject to Change**
- Opening Remarks
- Chair – Brian Slater, Center for Medicare, CMS
- Moderator – Jill Darling, Office of Communications, CMS
- Announcements & Updates
- FY 2022 Hospice Proposed Rule Updates
- CMS issued a proposed rule (CMS-1754-P) that would set forth routine updates to hospice payments for FY 2022, in accordance with existing statutory and regulatory requirements. This proposed rule also includes routine hospice monitoring and a comment solicitation regarding hospice utilization, a proposal to rebase the hospice labor-related shares and a proposal to provide clarification on certain aspects of the hospice election statement addendum that was implemented on October 1, 2020.
- Rule: https://public-inspection.federalregister.gov/2021-07344.pdf
- Hospice Detail webpage about the rule with wage index: https://www.cms.gov/medicaremedicare-fee-service-paymenthospicehospice-regulations-and-notices/cms-1754-p
- FDMS where providers can comment on the rule- https://www.regulations.gov/document/CMS-2021-0061-0001
- Public Reporting/Hospice Compare updates
- Hospice Compare/Public Reporting: https://www.medicare.gov/care-compare/
- Hospice Quality Reporting Program updates:
- Hospice QRP Requirements and Best Practices: https://www.cms.gov/Medicare/Quality-Initiatives-Patient-Assessment-Instruments/Hospice-Quality-Reporting/HQRP-Requirements-and-Best-Practices
- Hospice QRP Training and Education Library: https://www.cms.gov/Medicare/Quality-Initiatives-Patient-Assessment-Instruments/Hospice-Quality-Reporting/Hospice-Quality-Reporting-Training-Training-and-Education-Library
- HQRP Help Desks: https://www.cms.gov/Medicare/Quality-Initiatives-Patient-Assessment-Instruments/Hospice-Quality-Reporting/Help-Desks
- Recent Corrections to Home Health Claims Processing
III. Open Q&A
**DATE IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE**
Next Home Health, Hospice & DME ODF: TBA
This Open Door Forum is open to everyone, but if you are a member of the Press, you may listen in but please refrain from asking questions during the Q & A portion of the call. If you have inquiries, please contact CMS at Press@cms.hhs.gov. Thank you.
Open Door Participation Instructions:
This call will be Conference Call Only.
To participate by phone:
Dial: 1-888-455-1397 & Reference Conference Passcode: 8604468
Persons participating by phone do not need to RSVP. TTY Communications Relay Services are available for the Hearing Impaired. For TTY services dial 7-1-1 or 1-800-855-2880. A Relay Communications Assistant will help.
Instant Replay: 1-866-397-1428; Conference Passcode: No Passcode Needed
Instant Replay is an audio recording of this call that can be accessed by dialing 1-866-397-1428 1 hour after the call has ended. The recording expires April 15, 2021, 11:59 PM ET.
For ODF schedule updates and E-Mailing List registration, visit our website at http://www.cms.gov/OpenDoorForums/.
Were you unable to attend the recent Home Health, Hospice & DME ODF call? We encourage you to visit our CMS Podcasts and Transcript webpage where you can listen and view the most recent Home Health, Hospice & DME ODF call. Please allow up to three weeks to get both the audio and transcript posted to: https://www.cms.gov/Outreach-and-Education/Outreach/OpenDoorForums/PodcastAndTranscripts.html. Thank you.
CMS provides free auxiliary aids and services including information in accessible formats. Click here for more information. This will point partners to our CMS.gov version of the “Accessibility & Nondiscrimination notice” page.