Mary Madison, RN, RAC-CT, CDP
Clinical Consultant – Briggs Healthcare
The 2022 ICD-10-CM codes are to be used from October 1, 2021 through September 30, 2022.
Note: This replaces the FY 2021 – January release. These files listed below represent the FY 2022 ICD-10-CM. The FY 2022 ICD-10-CM is available in both PDF (Adobe) and XML file formats. Most files are provided in compressed zip format for ease in downloading. These files have been created by the National Center for Health Statistics (NCHS), under authorization by the World Health Organization. Any questions regarding typographical or other errors noted on this release may be reported to firstname.lastname@example.org .
- ICD-10-CM FY2021 Full PDF 2022
- ICD-10-CM FY2021 XML 2022
- ICD-10-CM FY 2021 Addenda PDF 2022
- ICD-10-CM FY 2021 List of codes and Descriptions 2022
- ICD-10-CM FY2021 Order Files 2022
- ICD-10-CM FY2021 Conversion Table 2022
You’ll also note that there is a ICD-10-CM Browser Tool available. This user-friendly web-based query application allows users to search for codes from the International Classification of Diseases, 10th Revision, Clinical Modification (ICD-10-CM) and provides instructional information needed to understand the usage of ICD-10-CM codes. The application provides access to multiple fiscal year version sets that are available with real-time comprehensive results via the search capabilities.
The National Center for Health Statistics updates ICD-10-CM on an annual basis. In addition to the new browser tool, ICD-10-CM and all approved updates to the classification are still available on this webpage for public use.
Online user’s guide
- The Official ICD–10–CM Coding Guidelines
- ICD–10–CM Tabular List of Diseases and Injuries
- ICD–10–CM Index to Diseases and Injuries
- ICD–10–CM External Cause of Injuries Index
- ICD–10–CM Table of Neoplasms
- ICD–10–CM Table of Drugs and Chemicals
Functionality features include:
- Search Index for main term or subterms
- Search by ICD–10–CM code
- Pop-up instructional notes
- Ability to toggle from the Index to the Tabular list.