Mary Madison, RN, RAC-CT, CDP
Clinical Consultant – Briggs Healthcare
CMS has posted the nursing home data for the week ending January 30, 2022.
Note that CMS/NHSN is now providing information on resident and staff booster doses.
Comparing the January 30th data to the January 23rd data shows these differences:
- Resident vaccination rate remains unchanged from previous week
- Residents with booster doses (new this week) is 68.3%
- Staff vaccination rate increased 0.6% this week
- Staff with booster doses (new this week) is 33.3%
- An additional 39,828 resident cases were confirmed/reported this week
- An additional 45,897 staff cases were confirmed/reported this week
- An additional 1,444 resident deaths were confirmed/reported this week
- An additional 38 staff deaths were confirmed/reported this week
Did you notice that the number of staff confirmed cases is now nearly 1 million? There are more staff cases than resident cases at this time. Also of note is that over 2/3 of the residents have received booster doses while only 1/3 of staff have received booster doses. This newly reported data serves as a baseline. Hopefully, we’ll see increases in booster cases for both groups next week.
View the list of every nursing home with recent resident and staff vaccination rates and other data. This data is current as of the week ending January 30, 2022.
The CDC COVID Data Tracker shows community transmission levels as of Sunday, January 30, 2022:
Comparing the community transmission level maps from last week and now, there’s more blue counties as well as 4 yellow counties and several orange counties. Levels are improving but now is not the time to rest on our laurels. There’s still lots of work to be done!
The NHSN Nursing Home Covid-19 Data Dashboard provides this data as of February 7, 2022, at 5:30am ET: