Mary Madison, RN, RAC-CT, CDP
Clinical Consultant – Briggs Healthcare
CMS has posted nursing home COVID-19 data for the week ending February 20, 2022.
[NOTE: On this landing page, you’ll also find resources and ways to explore and visualize the data and links to the left, as well as the buttons at the top of the page.]
Comparing the February 20th data to the February 13th data shows these differences:
- Resident vaccination rate down 0.1% from the previous week
- Residents with booster doses (new the week of 2/6) increased by 2% this past week
- Staff vaccination rate increased 0.6% this week
- Staff with booster doses (new the week of 2/6) increased by 3.1% this past week
- An additional 11,611 resident cases were confirmed/reported this week
- An additional 858 resident deaths were confirmed/reported this week
- An additional 10,305 staff cases were confirmed/reported this week
- A correction (?) of 1 fewer staff deaths was confirmed/reported again this week
Be sure to review the list of every nursing home with recent resident and staff vaccination rates and other pertinent data – especially your facility’s staff vaccination rates as this data will be used for completing the COVID-19 Matrix during survey. State surveyors look at this data prior to entering your facility for survey (during their preparation). This data is current as of the week ending February 20, 2022.
The CDC COVID Data Tracker shows current community transmission levels:
The NHSN Nursing Home Covid-19 Data Dashboard provides this data as of February 28, 2022, at 5:30am ET: