Mary Madison, RN, RAC-CT, CDP
Clinical Consultant – Briggs Healthcare
CMS has posted COVID-19 nursing home data for the week ending March 13, 2022.
Comparing the March 13th data to the March 6th data shows these changes:
- Resident vaccination rate remained unchanged from the previous week
- Residents with booster doses (new the week of 2/6) increased by 1% this past week
- Staff vaccination rate increased 0.5% this week (same increase as the previous 2 weeks)
- Staff with booster doses (new the week of 2/6) increased by 1.1% this past week
- An additional 2,608 resident cases were confirmed/reported this week
- A correction of 76 fewer resident deaths were confirmed/reported this week
- An additional 1,758 staff cases were confirmed/reported this week
- An additional 21 staff deaths were confirmed/reported this week
Be sure to review the list of every nursing home with recent resident and staff vaccination rates and other pertinent data – especially your facility’s vaccination rates as this data will be used for completing the COVID-19 Matrix during survey. State surveyors look at this data prior to entering your facility for survey (during their preparation). This data is current as of the week ending March 13, 2022.
The CDC COVID Data Tracker shows these current community transmission levels:
Lastly, the NHSN Nursing Home Covid-19 Data Dashboard provides this data as of March 21, 2022, at 5:30am ET: