Mary Madison, RN, RAC-CT, CDP
Clinical Consultant – Briggs Healthcare
CMS has posted the latest nursing home data for the week ending March 27, 2022.
Comparing the March 27th data to the March 20th data shows these changes:
- Resident vaccination rate increased 0.1% from the previous week (same as past 2 weeks)
- Residents with booster doses (new the week of 2/6) increased by 0.9% this past week
- Staff vaccination rate increased 0.2% this week
- Staff with booster doses (new the week of 2/6) increased by 1.3% this past week
- An additional 1,874 resident cases were confirmed/reported this week
- An additional 138 resident deaths were confirmed/reported this week
- An additional 2,004 staff cases were confirmed/reported this week
- An additional 16 staff deaths were confirmed/reported this week.
The numbers are better for the week ending March 27, 2022. Cases and deaths for both residents and staff are down considerably. Keep working on increasing resident and staff vaccinations and boosters! That is so important to keep the cases, hospitalizations and deaths down. Your team can do this!
Be sure to review the list of every nursing home with recent resident and staff vaccination rates and other pertinent data – especially your facility’s vaccination rates as this data will be used for completing the COVID-19 Matrix during survey. State surveyors look at this data prior to entering your facility for survey (during their preparation). This data is current as of the week ending March 27, 2022.
The CDC COVID Data Tracker shows these current community transmission levels:
The NHSN Nursing Home Covid-19 Data Dashboard provides this data as of April 4, 2022, at 5:30am ET: