Mary Madison, RN, RAC-CT, CDP
Clinical Consultant – Briggs Healthcare
CMS has posted nursing home COVID-19 data for the week ending April 3, 2022.
Comparing the April 3rd data to the March 27th data shows these changes:
- Resident vaccination rate increased 0.1% from the previous week (same as past 3 weeks)
- Residents with booster doses increased by 1% this past week
- Staff vaccination rate increased 0.2% this week (same as previous week)
- Staff with booster doses increased by 1.3% this past week (same as previous week)
- An additional 1,027 resident cases were confirmed/reported this week
- An additional 46 resident deaths were confirmed/reported this week
- An additional 1,171 staff cases were confirmed/reported this week
- No additional staff deaths were confirmed/reported this week
Be sure to review your facility’s vaccination rates on the list of every nursing home with recent resident and staff vaccination rates and other pertinent data as this data will be used for completing the COVID-19 Matrix during survey. State surveyors look at this data in preparation for your survey. You’ll also need to know your current rate and provide it within 4 hours of the survey team entering your facility. This data is current as of the week ending April 3, 2022.
The CDC COVID Data Tracker shows these current community transmission levels:
Below was the previous week’s (March 27, 2022) – note the level of increase in counties with high and substantial community transmission:
The NHSN Nursing Home Covid-19 Data Dashboard provides this data as of April 11, 2022, at 5:30am ET:
Please continue your work on increasing vaccinations and boosters for residents and staff. Include your friends and loved ones in conversations and promotion of vaccination and boosters. Don’t forget to use all the protection strategies – they work! The pandemic and virus are not done with us yet.