Mary Madison, RN, RAC-CT, CDP
Clinical Consultant – Briggs Healthcare
CMS has posted nursing home data for the week ending April 10, 2022.
Comparing the April 10th data to the previous April 3rd data shows these changes:
- Resident vaccination rate remained unchanged from the previous week (same as past 4 weeks)
- Residents with booster doses increased by 0.5% this past week
- Staff vaccination rate remained the same as previous week
- Staff with booster doses increased by 0.9% this past week
- An additional 2,250 resident cases were confirmed/reported this week (double from previous week)
- No additional resident deaths were confirmed/reported this week
- No additional staff cases were confirmed/reported this week
- No additional staff deaths were confirmed/reported this week
The last 3 pieces of data appear to be questionable. We’ll see what next week’s posting of data shows.
Be sure to review your facility’s vaccination rates on the list of every nursing home with recent resident and staff vaccination rates and other pertinent data as this data will be used for completing the COVID-19 Matrix during survey. State surveyors look at this data in preparation for your survey. You’ll also need to know your current rate and provide it to the survey team entering your facility. This data is current as of the week ending April 10, 2022.
The CDC COVID Data Tracker shows these current community transmission levels:
The NHSN Nursing Home Covid-19 Data Dashboard provides this data as of April 18, 2022, at 5:30am ET: