Mary Madison, RN, RAC-CT, CDP
Clinical Consultant – Briggs Healthcare
CMS has posted the nursing home data for the week ending April 17, 2022.
Comparing the April 17th data to the previous April 10th data shows these changes:
- Resident vaccination rate remained unchanged from the previous week (same as past 5 weeks)
- Residents with booster doses increased by 0.4% this past week
- Staff vaccination rate increased 0.2% from previous week
- Staff with booster doses increased by 0.8% this past week
- An additional 2,259 resident cases were confirmed/reported this week (9 more from previous week)
- 116 additional resident deaths were confirmed/reported this week
- An additional 3,919 staff cases were confirmed/reported this week
- An additional 5 staff deaths were confirmed/reported this week
Be sure to review your facility’s vaccination rates on the list of every nursing home with recent resident and staff vaccination rates and other pertinent data as this data will be used for completing the COVID-19 Matrix during survey. State surveyors look at this data in preparation for your survey. You’ll also need to know your current rate (as reported to NHSN) and provide it to the survey team entering your facility. This data is current as of the week ending April 17, 2022.
The CDC COVID Data Tracker shows these current community transmission levels:
High Community Transmission continues to increase. High levels increased 5% the previous week and now they’ve increased 6.16%.
The NHSN Nursing Home Covid-19 Data Dashboard provides this data as of April 25, 2022, at 5:30am ET: