Mary Madison, RN, RAC-CT, CDP
Clinical Consultant – Briggs Healthcare
CMS has posted the COVID-19 nursing home data for the week ending June 19, 2022.
Comparing the June 19th data to the previous June 12th data shows these changes:
- Resident vaccination rate decreased 0.1% (same as the previous week)
- Residents with booster doses increased 0.5%
- Staff vaccination rate remained the same
- Staff with booster doses increased 0.4%
- An additional 8,341 resident cases were confirmed/reported this week
- An additional 166 resident deaths were reported this week
- An additional 10,649 staff cases were confirmed/reported this week
- An additional 11 staff death were reported this week
Please continue your efforts to educate staff, residents and families about the life-saving benefits of vaccination as well as the importance of getting the booster. Lives depend on both.
Cases continue to rise again. BA.4 and BA.5 together are the prominent strains at this time.
Be sure to review your facility’s vaccination rates on the list of every nursing home with recent resident and staff vaccination rates and other pertinent data as this data will be used for completing the COVID-19 Matrix during survey. State surveyors look at this data in preparation for your survey. You’ll also need to know your current rate (as reported to NHSN) and provide it to the survey team entering your facility. This data is current as of the week ending June 19, 2022.
The CDC COVID Data Tracker shows these current community transmission levels as of June 20, 2022:
The NHSN Nursing Home Covid-19 Data Dashboard provides this data as of June 27, 2022, 5:30am ET:
Please have a healthy, safe and fun holiday weekend! Remember to practice the appropriate precautions when around large groups of people and/or people you don’t normal hang around with. Don’t bring an unwanted “guest” home with you after the celebrations are over.