Mary Madison, RN, RAC-CT, CDP
Clinical Consultant – Briggs Healthcare
CMS has posted the nursing home COVID-19 data for the week ending June 26, 2022.
Comparing the June 26th data to the previous June 19th data shows these changes:
- Resident primary vaccination completion rate decreased 0.1% (same as the previous 2 weeks)
- Residents with booster doses increased 0.4%
- Staff primary vaccination completion rate remained the same (same as previous week)
- Staff with booster doses increased 0.3%
- An additional 8,489 resident cases were confirmed/reported this week (about same as previous week)
- An additional 140 resident deaths were reported this week
- An additional 11,056 staff cases were confirmed/reported this week
- An additional 17 staff death were reported this week
Please continue your efforts to educate staff, residents and families about the life-saving benefits of vaccination as well as the importance of getting the booster. Lives depend on both.
Cases continue to rise again. BA.4 and BA.5 together are the dominant strains at this time. BA.5 is more highly contagious than previous strains!
Be sure to review your facility’s vaccination rates on the list of every nursing home with recent resident and staff vaccination rates and other pertinent data as this data will be used for completing the COVID-19 Matrix during survey. State surveyors look at this data in preparation for your survey. You’ll also need to know your current rate (as reported to NHSN) and provide it to the survey team entering your facility. This data is current as of the week ending June 26, 2022.
The CDC COVID Data Tracker shows these current community transmission levels as of July 6, 2022:
The NHSN Nursing Home Covid-19 Data Dashboard provides this data as of July 4, 2022, at 5:30am ET: