Mary Madison, RN, RAC-CT, CDP
Clinical Consultant – Briggs Healthcare
POST-EVENT TRAINING MATERIALS AVAILABLE for the Inpatient Rehabilitation Facility (IRF) and Long-Term Care Hospital (LTCH) Updated Guidance Virtual Training Program.
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) is offering a virtual training program that provides instruction on the updated guidance for the IRF Patient Assessment Instrument (IRF-PAI) 4.0 and the LTCH CARE Data Set (LCDS) 5.0 for providers in IRF and LTCH settings.
The IRF and LTCH Virtual Training Program consists of two parts:
- Part 1 – Training Webinars: pre-recorded training videos that provide an overview of the new items and updated guidance that are intended to be viewed prior to the Workshop Sessions.
- Part 2 – Workshop Sessions: recorded videos of the live, virtual workshop sessions that took place on June 15th and 16th and provide coding practice of the information covered in the Training Webinars.
All recorded sessions are available on CMS YouTube. (There are 20 videos on this website.)
Additional training materials are available within ZIP files in the Downloads section of the IRF QRP Training and LTCH QRP Training pages and include:
- PDF versions of the Training Webinars: 2022_June_IRF-LTCH Virtual Training Program Training Webinar Presentations (ZIP).
- PDF versions of the Workshop Sessions: 2022_June_IRF-LTCH Virtual Training Program Workshop Session Presentations (ZIP).
- Supplemental Training Materials: 2022_June_IRF-LTCH Virtual Training Program Supplemental Training Materials (ZIP).
- Materials include anIRF/LTCH Acronym List, Action Plan Worksheet, IRF and LTCH Resource Guides, and Case Study documents.
If you have questions about accessing the resources or feedback regarding the trainings, please email the PAC Training Mailbox. Content-related questions should be submitted to the IRF QRP Help Desk or the LTCH QRP Help Desk.