Mary Madison, RN, RAC-CT, CDP
Clinical Consultant – Briggs Healthcare
COVID-19 vaccination provides protection against serious illness and outcomes associated with COVID-19, including emergency department or urgent care visits, hospitalizations, and death. The Novavax COVID-19 vaccine is the first COVID-19 protein subunit vaccine recommended for use in the United States that is built on a familiar type of vaccine technology. Other protein subunit vaccines have been used for more than 30 years in the United States, including for hepatitis B, HPV, and acellular pertussis (whooping cough) vaccines. During this COCA Call, presenters will discuss CDC’s new guidance on the Novavax COVID-19 vaccine for adults ages 18 years and older, including adults who are moderately or severely immunocompromised.
If you are unable to attend the live COCA Call, the recording will be available for viewing on the COCA Call webpage a few hours after the live event ends.
The slide set will be available on the day of the call on the COCA Call webpage under Call Materials.
Free Continuing Education (CE) will be offered for this COCA Call.
Registration is not required.
At the conclusion of the session, the participant will be able to accomplish the following (Activity-specific Objectives) —
- Discuss current recommendations for COVID-19 vaccination with Novavax for adults ages 18 years and older, including those who are moderately or severely immunocompromised.
- List key points for healthcare providers to use when discussing COVID-19 vaccination with Novavax.
- Describe where to find online resources for clinicians about Novavax COVID-19 vaccination.
At the conclusion of the session, the participant will be able to accomplish the following (COCA Call Objectives) —
- Cite background information on the topic covered during the presentation.
- Discuss CDC’s role in the topic covered during the presentation.
- Describe the topic’s implications for clinicians.
- Discuss concerns and/or issues related to preparedness for and/or response to urgent public health threats.
Promote health improvement, wellness, and disease prevention in cooperation with patients, communities, at-risk populations, and other members of an interprofessional team of healthcare providers.
Date: Thursday, July 28, 2022
Time: 2:00 PM – 3:00 PM ET
US: +1 669 254 5252
or +1 646 828 7666
or +1 551 285 1373
or +1 669 216 1590
US: +16692545252,,1612728470#,,,,*663869# or +16468287666,,1612728470#,,,,*663869#
Webinar ID: 161 272 8470
One thought on “Recommendations for the Novavax COVID-19 Primary Series in Adults Ages 18 and Older”
Comments are closed.