Mary Madison, RN, RAC-CT, CDP
Clinical Consultant – Briggs Healthcare
For learning purposes only, CMS is providing two sample reports– one for the Interim Performance Report (IPR) and one for the Annual Performance Report (APR). These sample reports do not include actual home health agency (HHA) performance data. The content of the sample reports is based on the same scoring methodologies and other policies as presented in the Calendar Year (CY) 2022 Home Health Prospective Payment System (HH PPS) final rule. Information in the sample reports includes:
- An overview of the IPR and APR;
- Achievement, Improvement, Care Points, Measure Scorecard, and TNC Change Reference tabs;
- Annual Payment Adjustment tab in the APR;
- Formulas and Notes to explain the calculations of the Total Performance Score (TPS) in both reports, and the Final TPS-adjusted payment percentage in the APR; and
- Sample percentile rankings reflecting the agency’s performance relative to the performance of other CCNs in their cohort.
In August, the HHVBP TA Team will host a live event, Navigating Interim Performance Reports (IPRs) and the Annual Total Performance Score and Payment Adjustment Report (Annual Report). This event will assist HHAs with understanding the format and content of the reports specific to the expanded HHVBP Model. Registration available at the following link: https://us06web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_SpSWv54gTCedb3azUWI4eA
Instructions on how to access the sample reports is available on the Expanded HHVBP Model webpage, in the “Expanded HHVBP Model Reports – Access Instructions” document.
For questions about the sample reports, please contact the HHVBP Help Desk at HHVBPquestions@lewin.com.