Mary Madison, RN, RAC-CT, CDP
Clinical Consultant – Briggs Healthcare
CMS has posted the nursing home COVID-19 data for the week ending July 24, 2022.
Comparing the July 24th data to the previous July 17th data shows these changes:
- Resident primary vaccination completion rate remains same as the previous week
- Residents with booster doses increased 0.4% from previous week
- Staff primary vaccination completion rate remained the same (same as previous 5 weeks)
- Staff with booster doses increased 0.1% (same as previous 2 weeks)
- An additional 13,209 resident cases were confirmed/reported this week
- An additional 132 resident deaths were reported this week
- An additional 15,559 staff cases were confirmed/reported this week
- An additional 17 staff deaths were reported this week
Please continue your efforts to educate staff, residents and families about the life-saving benefits of vaccination as well as the importance of getting the booster. Lives depend on both.
Cases still continue to rise. BA.4 and BA.5 together remain the dominant strains at this time. BA.5 is more highly contagious than previous strains.
Be sure to review your facility’s vaccination rates on the list of every nursing home with recent resident and staff vaccination rates and other pertinent data as this data will be used for completing the COVID-19 Matrix during survey. State surveyors look at this data in preparation for your survey. You’ll also need to know your current rate (as reported to NHSN) and provide it to the survey team entering your facility. This data is current as of the week ending July 24, 2022.
The CDC COVID Data Tracker shows these current community transmission levels as of August 2, 2022:
The NHSN Nursing Home Covid-19 Data Dashboard provides this data as of August 1, 2022, at 5:30am ET: