Mary Madison, RN, RAC-CT, CDP
Clinical Consultant – Briggs Healthcare
CMS posted the latest nursing home data for the week ending August 14, 2022.
Comparing the August 14th data to the August 7th data shows these changes:
- Resident primary vaccination completion rate decreased by 0.1%
- Residents with booster doses unchanged from previous week
- Staff primary vaccination completion rate decreased by 0.1% from previous week
- Staff with booster doses unchanged from previous week
- An additional 13,470 resident cases were confirmed/reported this week
- An additional 278 resident deaths were reported this week
- An additional 143,931 staff cases were confirmed/reported this week
- An additional 9 staff deaths were reported this week
Please continue your efforts to educate staff, residents and families about the life-saving benefits of vaccination as well as the importance of getting the booster. Lives depend on both.
Cases continue to rise. BA.4 and BA.5 together remain the dominant strains currently. BA.5 is more highly contagious than previous strains.
Be sure to review your facility’s vaccination rates on the list of every nursing home with recent resident and staff vaccination rates and other pertinent data as this data will be used for completing the COVID-19 Matrix during survey. State surveyors look at this data in preparation for your survey. You’ll also need to know your current rate (as reported to NHSN) and provide it to the survey team entering your facility. This data is current as of the week ending August 14, 2022.
The CDC COVID Data Tracker shows these current community transmission levels as of August 22, 2022:
The NHSN Nursing Home Covid-19 Data Dashboard provides this data as of August 22, 2022, at 5:30am ET: