Mary Madison, RN, RAC-CT, CDP
Clinical Consultant – Briggs Healthcare
CMS has posted the COVID-19 nursing home data for the week ending August 28, 2022.
Comparing the August 28th data to the August 21st data shows these changes:
- Resident primary vaccination completion rate remained unchanged
- Residents with booster doses increased 0.3% from previous week
- Staff primary vaccination completion rate remains the same as the previous 2 weeks
- Staff with booster doses increased 0.1% from previous week
- An additional 13,010 resident cases were confirmed this week
- An additional 440 resident deaths were reported this week
- An additional 13,706 staff cases were confirmed this week
- An additional 23 staff deaths were reported this week
Please continue your efforts to educate staff, residents and families about the life-saving benefits of vaccination as well as the importance of getting the booster. Lives depend on both.
Be sure to review your facility’s vaccination rates on the list of every nursing home with recent resident and staff vaccination rates and other pertinent data as this data will be used for completing the COVID-19 Matrix during survey. State surveyors look at this data in preparation for your survey. You’ll also need to know your current rate (as reported to NHSN) and provide it to the survey team entering your facility. This data is current as of the week ending August 28, 2022.
The CDC COVID Data Tracker shows these current community transmission levels as of September 5, 2022:
The NHSN Nursing Home Covid-19 Data Dashboard provides this data as of September 5, 2022, at 5:30am ET: