Mary Madison, RN, RAC-CT, CDP
Clinical Consultant – Briggs Healthcare
The submission deadline for the Inpatient Rehabilitation Facility (IRF), Long-Term Care Hospital (LTCH), and Skilled Nursing Facility (SNF) Quality Reporting Programs is approaching.
- IRF Patient Assessment Instrument (IRF-PAI) and LTCH Continuity Assessment Record and Evaluation (CARE) Data Set (LCDS) assessment data and data submitted to Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) via the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) National Healthcare Safety Network (NHSN) for April 1 – June 30 (Q2) of calendar year (CY) 2022 are due with this submission deadline.
- MDS assessment data and data submitted to CMS via the CDC NHSN for April 1 – June 30 (Q2) of calendar year (CY) 2022 are due with this submission deadline.
All data must be submitted no later than 11:59 p.m. on November 15, 2022.
The list of measures required for this deadline is found on the CMS QRP websites:
- IRF Quality Reporting Data Submission Deadlines
- LTCH Quality Reporting Data Submission Deadlines
- SNF Quality Reporting Program Data Submission Deadlines
As a reminder, it is recommended that providers run applicable Certification and Survey Provider Enhanced Reports (CASPER)/ Internet Quality Improvement and Evaluation System (iQIES)/NHSN analysis reports prior to each quarterly reporting deadline, in order to ensure that all required data has been submitted.
Swingtech sends informational messages to IRFs, LTCHs, and SNFs that are not meeting Annual Payment Update (APU) thresholds on a quarterly basis ahead of each submission deadlines. If you need to add or change the email addresses to which these messages are sent, please email QRPHelp@swingtech.com and be sure to include your facility name and CMS Certification Number (CCN) along with any requested email updates.
Failing Annual Payment Update Notification for IRFs and LTCHs:
If your facility is currently failing APU due to NHSN submission and the NHSN report indicates that all data has been submitted, it is possible that your provider has multiple OrgIDs under your CCN in NHSN. To determine if this is the cause contact the NHSN help desk at NHSN@cdc.gov.