Mary Madison, RN, RAC-CT, CDP
Clinical Consultant – Briggs Healthcare
CMS has posted nursing home COVID-19 data for the week ending October 30, 2022.
Comparing the October 30th data to the October 23rd data shows these changes:
- Resident primary vaccination completion rate decreased 0.2% from the previous week
- Residents up to date with vaccines increased 1.2% from the previous week
- Staff primary vaccination completion rate remained the same as the previous 2 weeks
- Staff up to date with vaccines decreased 0.3% from the previous week
- An additional 12,382 resident cases were confirmed this week
- An additional 385 resident deaths were reported this week
- An additional 8,566 staff cases were confirmed this week
- An additional 23 staff deaths were reported this week
Be sure to review your facility’s vaccination rates on the list of every nursing home with recent resident and staff vaccination rates and other pertinent data as this data will be used for completing the COVID-19 Matrix during survey. State surveyors look at this data in preparation for your survey. You’ll also need to know your current rate (as reported to NHSN) and provide it to the survey team entering your facility. This data is current as of the week ending October 30, 2022.
The CDC COVID Data Tracker shows these current community transmission levels as of November 2, 2022:
The NHSN Nursing Home Covid-19 Data Dashboard provides this data as of November 7, 2022, at 5:30am ET:
If you’re interested in the COVID-19 variants currently being tracked in the U.S., access the CDC Summary of Variant Surveillance website. This page summarizes three different systems being used, including the 1) National SARS-CoV-2 Genomic Surveillance System, the 2) National Wastewater Surveillance System, and the 3) Traveler-based SARS-CoV-2 Genomic Surveillance Program. Below is the latest data: