Mary Madison, RN, RAC-CT, CDP
Clinical Consultant – Briggs Healthcare
CMS posted the COVID-19 nursing home data for the week ending November 6, 2022.
Comparing the November 6th data to the October 30th data shows these changes:
- Resident primary vaccination completion rate remained the same as the previous week
- Residents up to date with vaccines increased 1.6% from the previous week
- Staff primary vaccination completion rate remained the same as the previous 3 weeks
- Staff up to date with vaccines decreased 0.3% from the previous week
- An additional 11,410 resident cases were confirmed this week
- An additional 320 resident deaths were reported this week
- An additional 11,256 staff cases were confirmed this week
- An additional 4 staff deaths were reported this week
Be sure to review your facility’s vaccination rates on the list of every nursing home with recent resident and staff vaccination rates and other pertinent data as this data will be used for completing the COVID-19 Matrix during survey. State surveyors look at this data in preparation for your survey. You’ll also need to know your current rate (as reported to NHSN) and provide it to the survey team entering your facility. This data is current as of the week ending November 6, 2022.
The CDC COVID Data Tracker shows these current community transmission levels as of November 14, 2022:
The NHSN Nursing Home Covid-19 Data Dashboard provides this data as of November 14, 2022, at 5:30am ET:
If you’re interested in the COVID-19 variants currently being tracked in the U.S., access the CDC Summary of Variant Surveillance website. This page summarizes three different systems being used, including the 1) National SARS-CoV-2 Genomic Surveillance System, the 2) National Wastewater Surveillance System, and the 3) Traveler-based SARS-CoV-2 Genomic Surveillance Program. Below is the latest data: