Mary Madison, RN, RAC-CT, CDP
Clinical Consultant – Briggs Healthcare
CMS has posted the nursing home COVID-19 data for the week ending November 20, 2022.
Comparing the November 20th data to the November 13th data shows these changes:
- Resident primary vaccination completion rate decreased 0.1% this week
- Residents up to date with vaccines increased 0.8% – same as the previous week
- Staff primary vaccination completion rate decreased 0.1% from the previous week
- Staff up to date with vaccines remained the same as the previous week
- An additional 11,430 resident cases were confirmed this week
- An additional 276 resident deaths were reported this week
- An additional 10,384 staff cases were confirmed this week
- No additional staff deaths were reported this week
Be sure to review your facility’s vaccination rates on the list of every nursing home with recent resident and staff vaccination rates and other pertinent data as this data will be used for completing the COVID-19 Matrix during survey. State surveyors look at this data in preparation for your survey. You’ll also need to know your current rate (as reported to NHSN) and provide it to the survey team entering your facility. This data is current as of the week ending November 20, 2022.
The CDC COVID Data Tracker shows these current community transmission levels as of November 28, 2022:
The NHSN Nursing Home Covid-19 Data Dashboard provides this data as of November 28, 2022, at 5:30am ET: