Mary Madison, RN, RAC-CT, CDP
Clinical Consultant – Briggs Healthcare
The SNF/LTC Open Door Forum (see agenda here) provided some key information to providers, including:
- CMS has not established a specific go-live date for transition to iQIES, but this will take place in early 2023. Providers will be notified when the date is set. To this point, 60% of LTC providers have registered a PSO (Provider Security Official). The CMS spokesperson state that was a great response. General onboarding of users began last month. Check out the agenda for links to information on iQIES.
- The current plan for providing a draft of the RAI User’s Manual, v1.18.11 is early 2nd quarter of 2023.
- CMS plans to start training sessions on the MDS 3.0 v1.18.11 in mid-May with live workshops in June 2023.
- The next update to Care Compare (aka Nursing Home Compare) will be January 6, 2023.
- CMS is urging providers to continue working with staff and residents to increase COVID-19 vaccination. More folks need to get up-to-date with vaccines and boosters. The current rates are stagnant and decreasing in some areas. Please make vaccinations a priority in your communities!