Mary Madison, RN, RAC-CT, CDP
Clinical Consultant – Briggs Healthcare
The Skilled Nursing Facility (SNF) Provider Preview Reports have been updated and are now available. These reports contain provider performance scores for quality measures, which will be published on Care Compare and Provider Data Catalog (PDC) during the April 2023 refresh.
The data contained within the Preview Reports are based on quality assessment data submitted by SNFs from Quarter 3, 2021 through Quarter 2, 2022. Additionally, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) COVID-19 Vaccination Coverage among Healthcare Personnel (HCP) measure reflects data from Quarter 2, 2022. The data for the claims-based measures will display data from Quarter 3, 2019 through Quarter 4, 2019 and Quarter 3, 2020 through Quarter 2, 2021 for this refresh, and for the SNF Healthcare-Associated Infections (HAI) measure, from Quarter 4, 2020 through Quarter 3, 2021.
Providers have until February 16, 2023 to review their performance data. Corrections to the underlying data will not be permitted during this time. However, providers can request Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) review of their data during the preview period if they believe the quality measure scores that are displayed within their Preview Reports are inaccurate.
To locate the SNF Provider Preview reports, please follow these steps below:
- Log into the CMS Network (CMSNet) using the CMSNet login credentials.
- Log into the Certification and Survey Provider Enhanced Reporting (CASPER) application using the Quality Improvement and Evaluation System (QIES) login credentials.
- Select the Folders button from the menu bar in CASPER and a list of your folders will display.
- Select the facility-specific, non-Validation Report (non-VR) folder. These folders will be named in the following manner:
For Nursing Home-based SNFs:
[State Code] LTC [Facility ID] (i.e., MD LTC XYZ123)
For Swing Bed units:
[State Code] SB [Swing Bed ID] (i.e., TX SB ABC987)
- The Preview Reports are listed in descending order by Date Requested within this folder.
- Select the desired preview report link to view the report.
For questions related to accessing your facility’s provider preview report, please reach out to the iQIES helpdesk at email@example.com or call 1-877-201-4721. For questions about SNF Quality Reporting Program (QRP) Public Reporting, please email SNFQRPPRQuestions@cms.hhs.gov.