Mary Madison, RN, RAC-CT, CDP
Clinical Consultant – Briggs Healthcare
CMS has posted the nursing home COVID-19 data for the week ending January 15, 2023.
Comparing the January 15, 2023 data to the January 8, 2023 data shows these changes:
- Resident primary vaccination completion rate decreased another 0.1% this past week;
- Residents up to date with vaccines increased 0.7% during this past week;
- Staff primary vaccination completion rate remained the same – no change in past 4 weeks;
- Staff up to date with vaccines increased 0.1% again this past week;
- An additional 15,878 resident cases were confirmed this past week;
- An additional 352 resident deaths were reported this past week;
- An additional 11,078 staff cases were confirmed during this past week and
- An additional 22 staff deaths were reported during this past week.
Be sure to review your facility’s vaccination rates on the list of every nursing home with recent resident and staff vaccination rates and other pertinent data as this data will be used for completing the COVID-19 Matrix during survey. State surveyors look at this data in preparation for your survey. You’ll also need to know your current rate (as reported to NHSN) and provide it to the survey team entering your facility. This data is current as of the week ending January 15, 2023.
The CDC COVID Data Tracker shows these current community transmission levels as of January 18, 2023:
The NHSN Nursing Home Covid-19 Data Dashboard provides this data as of January 23, 2023 at 5:30am ET:
The CDC Summary of Variant Surveillance website summarizes three different systems being used, including the 1) National SARS-CoV-2 Genomic Surveillance System, the 2) National Wastewater Surveillance System, and the 3) Traveler-based SARS-CoV-2 Genomic Surveillance Program.