Mary Madison, RN, RAC-CT, CDP
Clinical Consultant – Briggs Healthcare
Date: March 29, 2023
When: 1:30 pm – 3:00 pm EST
Register for this webinar.
During this webinar, CMS will provide an overview of several provisions from the CY 2023 HH PPS final rule on behavior changes, the construction of 60-day episodes and payment rate development.
A question-and-answer session will follow the presentation. We encourage participants to send questions in advance to the Home Health Policy mailbox with the subject line “Home Health CAA, 2023 Webinar”. Please submit questions by March 22, 2023. During the webinar, we will do our best to address both submitted and live questions.
- Description of actual behavior changes that occurred between CY 2018 and CY 2021
- Approach used to construct simulated 60-day episodes using 30-day periods
- Overview of payment rate development for CY 2023
- Information on new data files containing information on the simulated 60-day episodes and actual 30-day periods used in calculating the permanent adjustment to the payment rate
- Medicare home health clinicians and agencies
- Office managers and administrators
- State and national associations that represent home health care providers
- Public interest groups, health industry media
- Other interested parties
- Presentation which includes a description of the actual behavior changes that occurred between CY 2018 and CY 2021
- CY 2023 Descriptive Statistics from Supplemental LDS Files spreadsheet which contains information on the number of simulated 60-day episodes and actual 30-day periods in CY 2021 that were used to construct the permanent adjustment to the payment rate. The spreadsheet provides information such as the number of episodes and periods by case-mix group, case-mix weights, and simulated payments.
- Supplemental Limited Data Set (LDS) files for CY 2023 rulemaking that include the simulated 60-day episodes and actual 30-day periods used to calculate the permanent adjustment to the payment rate. The LDS files can only be obtained through purchase and also submission of a Data Use Agreement (DUA).
For More Information: