Mary Madison, RN, RAC-CT, CDP
Clinical Consultant – Briggs Healthcare
CMS has posted the nursing home COVID-19 data for the week ending February 26, 2023.
Comparing the February 26, 2023 data to the February 19, 2023 data shows these changes:
- Resident primary vaccination completion rate remained the same as past 2 weeks;
- Residents up to date with vaccines increased 0.2% this past week;
- Staff primary vaccination completion rate decreased 0.1% from again this past week;
- Staff up to date with vaccines remained remains the same as last 2 weeks;
- An additional 10,778 resident cases were confirmed this past week;
- An additional 170 resident deaths were reported this past week;
- An additional 8,137 staff cases were confirmed during this past week and
- An additional 6 staff deaths were again reported during this past week.
Be sure to review your facility’s vaccination rates on the list of every nursing home with recent resident and staff vaccination rates and other pertinent data as this data will be used for completing the COVID-19 Matrix during survey. State surveyors look at this data in preparation for your survey. You’ll also need to know your current rate (as reported to NHSN) and provide it to the survey team entering your facility. This data is current as of the week ending February 26, 2023.
The CDC COVID Data Tracker shows these current community transmission levels as of February 27, 2023:
The CDC COVID Daily Data Tracker shows this information for late afternoon on Thursday, March 8, 2023:
The NHSN Nursing Home COVID-19 Data Dashboard provides this data as of March 6, 2023 at 5:30am ET:
The CDC Summary of Variant Surveillance website summarizes three different systems being used, including the 1) National SARS-CoV-2 Genomic Surveillance System, the 2) National Wastewater Surveillance System, and the 3) Traveler-based SARS-CoV-2 Genomic Surveillance Program.