Mary Madison, RN, RAC-CT, CDP
Clinical Consultant – Briggs Healthcare
CMS has posted the COVID-19 nursing home data for the week ending March 12, 2023.
Comparing the March 12, 2023 data to the March 5, 2023 data shows these changes:
- Resident primary vaccination completion rate remained the same as past week;
- Residents up to date with vaccines increased 0.2% this past week;
- Staff primary vaccination completion rate increased 0.1% this past week;
- Staff up to date with vaccines remained remains the same as last 4 weeks;
- An additional 9,650 resident cases were confirmed this past week;
- An additional 222 resident deaths were reported this past week;
- An additional 7,685 staff cases were confirmed during this past week and
- An additional 7 staff deaths were again reported during this past week.
Be sure to review your facility’s vaccination rates on the list of every nursing home with recent resident and staff vaccination rates and other pertinent data as this data will be used for completing the COVID-19 Matrix during survey. State surveyors look at this data in preparation for your survey. You’ll also need to know your current rate (as reported to NHSN) and provide it to the survey team entering your facility. This data is current as of the week ending March 12, 2023.
The CDC COVID Data Tracker shows these current community transmission levels as of March 13, 2023:
The CDC COVID Daily Data Tracker shows this information for late afternoon on Thursday, March 22, 2023:
The NHSN Nursing Home COVID-19 Data Dashboard provides this data as of March 20, 2023 at 5:30am ET:
The CDC Summary of Variant Surveillance website summarizes three different systems being used, including the 1) National SARS-CoV-2 Genomic Surveillance System, the 2) National Wastewater Surveillance System, and the 3) Traveler-based SARS-CoV-2 Genomic Surveillance Program.