Mary Madison, RN, RAC-CT, CDP
Clinical Consultant – Briggs Healthcare
The Skilled Nursing Facility (SNF) Provider Preview Reports have been updated and are now available. These reports contain provider performance scores for quality measures, which will be published on Care Compare and Provider Data Catalog (PDC) during the July 2023 refresh.
The data contained within the Preview Reports are based on quality assessment data submitted by SNFs from Quarter 4, 2021 through Quarter 3, 2022. Additionally, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) COVID-19 Vaccination Coverage among Healthcare Personnel (HCP) measure reflects data from Quarter 3, 2022. The data for the claims-based measures will display data from Quarter 3, 2019 through Quarter 4, 2019 and Quarter 3, 2020 through Quarter 2, 2021 for this refresh, and for the SNF Healthcare-Associated Infections (HAI) measure, from Quarter 4, 2020 through Quarter 3, 2021.
Providers have until May 15, 2023 to review their performance data. Only updates/corrections to the underlying assessment data before the final data submission deadline will be reflected in the publicly reported data on Care Compare. If a provider updates assessment data after the final data submission deadline, the updated data will only be reflected in the Facility-Level Quality Measure (QM) report and Patient-Level QM report. Updates submitted after the final data submission deadline will not be reflected in the Provider Preview Reports or on the Care Compare website. However, providers can request Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) review of their data during the preview period if they believe the quality measure scores that are displayed within their Preview Reports are inaccurate.
SNF Provider Preview Reports can be retrieved by:
- Select the CASPER Reporting link on the “Welcome to the CMS QIES Systems for Providers” webpage.
NOTE: You must log into the CMS Network using your CMSNet user ID and password in order to access the “Welcome to the CMS QIES Systems for Providers” webpage.
- Enter your QIES user ID and password on the QIES National System Login page.
- Select the Login button, review the contents of the U.S. Government-Authorized Use Only Window pop-up message box and select the OK button to proceed to the “CASPER Home” webpage.
- Select the Folders button from the menu bar.
- Select your provider’s shared folder from the Folders list on the CASPER Folders page. The folder will be named in the following manner: [State Code] LTC or SB [Facility ID] Where:
State Code = your 2-character state code
LTC = Nursing Home Providers
SB = Swing Bed Units
Facility ID = CMS-assigned facility ID used for submitting Minimum Data Set (MDS) records
NOTE: The SNF Provider Preview Reports will not be in your provider’s Validation Report (VR) folder.
- Select the desired SNF Provider Preview report link from the list of reports displayed on the right side of the CASPER Folders page and the report will display.
NOTE: The SNF Provider Preview report links are titled “SNF Provider Preview Report”.
For questions related to accessing your facility’s provider preview report, please reach out to the iQIES helpdesk at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-877-201-4721. For questions about SNF Quality Reporting Program (QRP) Public Reporting, please email SNFQRPPRQuestions@cms.hhs.gov.