Mary Madison, RN, RAC-CT, CDP
Clinical Consultant – Briggs Healthcare
CMS has posted the nursing home COVID-19 data for the week ending April 16, 2023.
Comparing the April 16, 2023 data to the April 9, 2023 data shows these changes:
- Resident primary vaccination completion rate remained unchanged this past week;
- Residents up to date with vaccines increased 0.1% this past week;
- Staff primary vaccination completion rate remained unchanged this past week;
- Staff up to date remained decreased 0.1% this past week;
- An additional 5,270 resident cases were confirmed this past week;
- -249 resident deaths were reported this past week – data correction perhaps?
- An additional 3,752 staff cases were confirmed during this past week and
- 1 additional staff death was reported this past week.
Be sure to review your facility’s vaccination rates on the list of every nursing home with recent resident and staff vaccination rates and other pertinent data as this data will be used for completing the COVID-19 Matrix during survey. State surveyors look at this data in preparation for your survey. You’ll also need to know your current rate (as reported to NHSN) and provide it to the survey team entering your facility. This data is current as of the week ending April 16, 2023.
The CDC COVID Data Tracker shows these current community transmission levels as of April 24, 2023:
The CDC COVID Daily Data Tracker shows this information for late afternoon on Thursday, April 27, 2023:
The NHSN Nursing Home COVID-19 Data Dashboard provides this data as of April 24, 2023 at 5:30am ET:
The CDC Summary of Variant Surveillance website summarizes three different systems being used, including the 1) National SARS-CoV-2 Genomic Surveillance System, the 2) National Wastewater Surveillance System, and the 3) Traveler-based SARS-CoV-2 Genomic Surveillance Program.
One thought on “Latest CMS, CDC and NHSN Nursing Home COVID-19 Data”
Comments are closed.