Mary Madison, RN, RAC-CT, CDP
Clinical Consultant – Briggs Healthcare
Overall, nursing homes in the U.S. have done well at keeping COVID-19 out of their facilities but we still have lots of work to do in terms of infection prevention and control in our facilities. The statistics are sobering – to date, approximately 26,000 residents and 450 LTC workers have died during this pandemic. To be sure, this Coronavirus is not done with us yet.
CMS has issued lots of guidance since mid-March 2020, all of which are important however 2 recent guidelines are actually requirements and they have teeth. Warning – you will get bit if you are not aware and keenly focused!
In this webinar, you’ll learn what these requirements are and what they mean for your facility, staff and residents.
What you’ll learn:
• CMS COVID-19 reporting requirements and timelines for compliance
• Penalties for non-compliance with infection control requirements
• How to audit your existing Infection Prevention and Control Program to identify areas for improvement
Who should attend:
• Directors of Nursing Service
• Medical Directors
• Infection Preventionists
• Interdisciplinary Department Heads and Nursing Staff
This webinar will be recorded and available on-demand after June 23rd so your team can view/listen again or share with staff that couldn’t attend the live session. Share this information with your colleagues as well. We’re all in this together.