Mary Madison, RN, RAC-CT, CDP
Clinical Consultant – Briggs Healthcare
The submission deadline for the Inpatient Rehabilitation Facility (IRF), Long-Term Care Hospital (LTCH), and Skilled Nursing Facility (SNF) Quality Reporting Programs is approaching.
- IRF-PAI and LTCH CARE Data Set assessment data and data submitted to CMS via the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) National Healthcare Safety Network (NHSN) October 1 – December 31 (Q4) of calendar year (CY) 2020 are due with this submission deadline.
- For IRFs and LTCHs, the annual NHSN Influenza Vaccination among Healthcare Personnel measure is also due with this deadline.
- MDS data for October 1 – December 31 (Q4) of calendar year (CY) 2020 are due with this submission deadline.
All data must be submitted no later than 11:59 p.m. on May 17, 2021.
The list of measures required for this deadline is found on the CMS QRP websites:
- IRF Quality Reporting Data Submission Deadlines
- LTCH Quality Reporting Data Submission Deadlines
- SNF Quality Reporting Program Data Submission Deadlines
As a reminder, it is recommended that providers run applicable CASPER/iQIES/NHSN analysis reports prior to each quarterly reporting deadline, in order to ensure that all required data has been submitted.
CMS has issued guidance related to COVID-19 and its impact on providers. Please visit the CMS Current Emergencies page at for more information.
Swingtech sends informational messages to IRFs, LTCHs, and SNFs that are not meeting APU thresholds on a quarterly basis ahead of each submission deadlines. If you need to add or change the email addresses to which these messages are sent, please email QRPHelp@swingtech.com and be sure to include your facility name and CMS Certification Number (CCN) along with any requested email updates.