Mary Madison, RN, RAC-CT, CDP
Clinical Consultant – Briggs Healthcare
CMS has posted the nursing home COVID-19 data for the week ending February 13, 2022.
Comparing the February 13th data to the February 6th as well as to the January 16th data (approximately 1 month ago), note these differences:
- Resident vaccination rate remains the same as the previous week as well as the rate for January 16th
- Residents with booster doses (new the week of 2/6) increased by 1% this past week
- Staff vaccination rate increased 0.5% this week with an increase of 2.2% in the past month
- Staff with booster doses (new the week of 2/6) increased by 1.2% this past week
- An additional 16,803 resident cases were confirmed/reported this week; an additional 129,402 resident cases in the past month
- An additional 15,023 staff cases were confirmed/reported this week; an additional 149,274 staff cases in the past month
- An additional 878 resident deaths were confirmed/reported this week; an additional 4,715 resident deaths in the past month
- A correction (?) of 1 fewer staff deaths were confirmed/reported this week; an additional 36 staff deaths in the past month
Be sure to review the list of every nursing home with recent resident and staff vaccination rates and other pertinent data – especially your facility’s staff vaccination rates as this data will be used for completing the COVID-19 Matrix during survey. State surveyors look at this data prior to entering your facility for survey (during their preparation). This data is current as of the week ending February 13, 2022.
The CDC COVID Data Trackershows current community transmission levels:
The NHSN Nursing Home Covid-19 Data Dashboard provides this data as of February 21, 2022, at 5:30am ET: