Mary Madison, RN, RAC-CT, CDP
Consultant – Briggs Healthcare
The next CMS Skilled Nursing Facilities (SNF)/Long Term Care (LTC) Open Door Forum scheduled for:
Date: Thursday, August 4, 2022
Start Time: 2:00 PM – 3:00 PM Eastern Time (ET)
Please dial-in at least 15 minutes before call start time.
Conference Leaders: Tammy Luo & Jill Darling
**This Agenda is Subject to Change**
- Opening Remarks
Chair – Todd Smith (Center for Medicare)
Moderator – Jill Darling (Office of Communications)
- Announcements & Updates
- FY 2023 SNF PPS Final Rule
- FY 2023 Updates to the SNF Payment Rates
- Recalibration of the PDPM Parity Adjustment
- Changes in PDPM ICD-10 Code Mappings
- Permanent Cap on Wage Index Decreases
- SNF Quality Reporting Program
- SNF Value-Based Purchasing Program
- Request for Information: Revising the Requirements for LTC Facilities to Establish Mandatory Minimum Staffing Levels
- Updates to the Long-Term Care (LTC) Facilities Requirements
- Physical Environment Requirements
- Qualification Requirements for the Director of Food and Nutrition Services in Long-Term Care (LTC) Facilities
- MDS transition to iQIES
- SNF Quality Reporting Program Reconsideration and Public Reporting updates
- MDS Errata-Minimum Data Set (MDS) 3.0 Resident Assessment Instrument (RAI) Manual webpage
- PBJ Update
- Policy Questions should be sent to NHStaffing@cms.hhs.gov
- Technical Issues/Questions should be sent to email@example.com
- Five Star Technical User’s Guide https://www.cms.gov/medicare/provider-enrollment-and-certification/certificationandcomplianc/downloads/usersguide.pdf
- PBJ Website: https://www.cms.gov/Medicare/Quality-Initiatives-Patient-Assessment-Instruments/NursingHomeQualityInits/Staffing-Data-Submission-PBJ.html
III. Open Q&A
**DATE IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE**
Next ODF: TBD
This Open Door Forum is open to everyone, but if you are a member of the Press, you may listen in but please refrain from asking questions during the Q & A portion of the call. If you have inquiries, please contact CMS at Press@cms.hhs.gov. Thank you.
Open Door Participation Instructions:
This call will be Conference Call Only.
To participate by phone:
Dial: 1-888-455-1397 & Conference Passcode: 5109694
Persons participating by phone do not need to RSVP. TTY Communications Relay Services are available for the Hearing Impaired. For TTY services dial 7-1-1 or 1-800-855-2880. A Relay Communications Assistant will help.
Instant Replay: 1-866-373-9229; Conference Passcode: No Passcode Needed
Instant Replay is an audio recording of this call that can be accessed by dialing 1-866-373-9229 Instant Replay begins 1 hour after the call has ended. The recording expires August 6, 2022, 11:59 PM ET
For ODF schedule updates and E-Mailing List registration, visit our website at http://www.cms.gov/OpenDoorForums/.
We encourage you to visit our CMS Podcasts and Transcript webpage where you can listen and view the most recent Skilled Nursing Facilities (SNF)/Long Term Care (LTC) ODF call at https://www.cms.gov/Outreach-and-Education/Outreach/OpenDoorForums/PodcastAndTranscripts.html. Thank you.
CMS provides free auxiliary aids and services including information in accessible formats. Click here for more information. This will point partners to our CMS.gov version of the “Accessibility & Nondiscrimination notice” page.