Mary Madison, RN, RAC-CT, CDP
Clinical Consultant – Briggs Healthcare
Yesterday, I posted the SNF/LTC Open Door Forum that will be held this Thursday afternoon.
This afternoon, CMS posted the updated agenda for that ODF. See below (I’m reposting the entire notice with the updates identified in red. Hint – you’ll find added hyperlinks beneath MDS transition to iQIES):
The next CMS Skilled Nursing Facilities (SNF)/Long Term Care (LTC) Open Door Forum scheduled for:
Date: Thursday, August 4, 2022
Start Time: 2:00 PM – 3:00 PM Eastern Time (ET)
Please dial-in at least 15 minutes before call start time.
Conference Leaders: Tammy Luo & Jill Darling
**This Agenda is Subject to Change**
- Opening Remarks
Chair – Todd Smith (Center for Medicare)
Moderator – Jill Darling (Office of Communications)
- Announcements & Updates
- FY 2023 SNF PPS Final Rule
- FY 2023 Updates to the SNF Payment Rates
- Recalibration of the PDPM Parity Adjustment
- Changes in PDPM ICD-10 Code Mappings
- Permanent Cap on Wage Index Decreases
- SNF Quality Reporting Program
- SNF Value-Based Purchasing Program
- Request for Information: Revising the Requirements for LTC Facilities to Establish Mandatory Minimum Staffing Levels
- Updates to the Long-Term Care (LTC) Facilities Requirements
- Physical Environment Requirements
- Qualification Requirements for the Director of Food and Nutrition Services in Long-Term Care (LTC) Facilities
- MDS transition to iQIES
- SNF Quality Reporting Program Reconsideration and Public Reporting updates
- MDS Errata-Minimum Data Set (MDS) 3.0 Resident Assessment Instrument (RAI) Manual webpage
- PBJ Update
- Policy Questions should be sent to NHStaffing@cms.hhs.gov
- Technical Issues/Questions should be sent to email@example.com
- Five Star Technical User’s Guide https://www.cms.gov/medicare/provider-enrollment-and-certification/certificationandcomplianc/downloads/usersguide.pdf
- PBJ Website: https://www.cms.gov/Medicare/Quality-Initiatives-Patient-Assessment-Instruments/NursingHomeQualityInits/Staffing-Data-Submission-PBJ.html
III. Open Q&A
**DATE IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE**
Next ODF: TBD
This Open Door Forum is open to everyone, but if you are a member of the Press, you may listen in but please refrain from asking questions during the Q & A portion of the call. If you have inquiries, please contact CMS at Press@cms.hhs.gov. Thank you.
Open Door Participation Instructions:
This call will be Conference Call Only.
To participate by phone:
Dial: 1-888-455-1397 & Conference Passcode: 5109694
Persons participating by phone do not need to RSVP. TTY Communications Relay Services are available for the Hearing Impaired. For TTY services dial 7-1-1 or 1-800-855-2880. A Relay Communications Assistant will help.
Instant Replay: 1-866-373-9229; Conference Passcode: No Passcode Needed
Instant Replay is an audio recording of this call that can be accessed by dialing 1-866-373-9229 Instant Replay begins 1 hour after the call has ended. The recording expires August 6, 2022, 11:59 PM ET
For ODF schedule updates and E-Mailing List registration, visit our website at http://www.cms.gov/OpenDoorForums/.
We encourage you to visit our CMS Podcasts and Transcript webpage where you can listen and view the most recent Skilled Nursing Facilities (SNF)/Long Term Care (LTC) ODF call at https://www.cms.gov/Outreach-and-Education/Outreach/OpenDoorForums/PodcastAndTranscripts.html. Thank you.
CMS provides free auxiliary aids and services including information in accessible formats. Click here for more information. This will point partners to our CMS.gov version of the “Accessibility & Nondiscrimination notice” page.